Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New tunes of the week

OK, I'm totally aware that a lot of people think John Mayer is over rated. You are entitled to your opinion. I, on the other hand, really like his music. It's simple, yet complex, his lyrics are always amazing, and the tunes are catchy. He has definitely evolved as a musician since his first album, and I like the direction he's gone. I have been listening to his newest album, Continuum, for the past 2 weeks, and I am hooked. I knew that a few of the songs were political statements, and I'm sure they are completely liberal, but I like them anyway. He makes good points with Waiting For The World To Change and Belief. I am very conservative, but I agree with a lot of the sentiments.Try Stop This Train. If you can't love that song, you can stop listening.


Also, I downloaded some of the new Indigo Girls album this week. I have always been a fan of the Indigo Girls, but they go through phases that I don't love as much as others. I really dig a few of their new songs. The album is called Despite Our Differences, and my favorite tunes so far. . . Fly Away, Last Tears, and All The Way.


Next up on the songs to try. . . the new Shawn Colvin album, and a closer look at the bands from the Last Kiss soundtrack.

2 comments:

jennyharhar said...

YES on "Stop this train!" I'm totally with you on JM. I wasn't sure how I would like this album given how much I loved his first 2 and the jazzier direction he's been going lately, but I like it a lot. :)

jennyharhar said...

YES on "Stop this train!" I'm totally with you on JM. I wasn't sure how I would like this album given how much I loved his first 2 and the jazzier direction he's been going lately, but I like it a lot. :)