Thursday, March 05, 2009

Lollipop, Lollipop

So, I made those pretzels for Valentines Day. . . And I had some left over caramel.

And in my web perusings (or possibly the reading of many MANY blogs) I came across a recipe that I thought looked interesting.

A recipe in which one sandwiches caramel between Nilla Wafers, with a lollipop stick, and then dips the whole thing in chocolate.

I had to try it. Except I sort of ignored the recipe, and I suggest you do too. . . because you can't dip stuff in melted chocolate chips. That just doesn't work.

I used my home made caramel, and melting chocolate of the high quality variety, and they were HEAVEN on a stick, I tell you. I prefer them, BY FAR, over the cupcake pops from Christmas. I could eat 5 in a sitting. EASY.

Before dipping. I just spooned a little bit of caramel into the middle to make a sandwich, and stuck a stick on there before I put on the second cookie. They held tight, no problem!

Then I melted some chocolate, dipped them in, and added some sprinkles to make them pretty!

Seriously. . . SO GOOD.

11 comments:

Stefanie said...

Those look absolutely delicious!! I am salivating on my computer as we speak. YUM YUM!

Heidi said...

I never would have imagined that combination, but it sounds really yummy! I bet I would love the combination of textures. Yours are so pretty--I like the band of sprinkles instead of the all-over look. I may have to make these for my book club meeting next week!

Kalli Ko said...

melanie,
you have GOT to stop doing this to me. I'm gaining 5 pounds just looking at it!

Mrs. Webster said...

seriously the best thing ever. like, I think I had a dream about them. If you would have told me what was in it before I ate them I wouldn't have thought it sounded that good- but they are heavenly. Good work mel. Another thing I can copy for next vday (probably easier too).

The Cohen's said...

Ummmm, YUMMY! I'll be over to help you finish them off. :)

Heidi said...

Um, so I can't stop thinking about these. LOL It finally occurred to me what they remind me of--a Twix bar! did they taste like Twix bars?

Anna said...

Oh Please let mell be my swap partner that I might get these in the mail...please oh please oh please...

jennyharhar said...

Similar thing that is SO good - 2 ritz crackers with peanut butter in between, then dipped in melted chocolate.

Emily S. said...

i LOVE your edible creations... Can't wait to try these!!!

Rae Lynne said...

Those look absolutely delicious! I'm always so impressed by the goodies you make. You are so talented!

mel said...

I bought the sticks today - but am lacking a caramel recipe. Is this a "sharing" recipe? I'm planning on making these when my nieces come to visit in July.