Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Randoms

1- School is about to begin at BYU, and as such, I'm trying to avoid Provo as MUCH as possible.  I am amazed at how badly some people drive, how little the pay attention, and how often very old grandparents are dropping freshman off at school.  NOT a good combo.  I prefer to stay in Springville, thank you.

2- Nolan's song book has expanded lately to include some stellar choices.  ABC by the Jackson 5, Don't Speak by No Doubt, and his current favorite Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall.  This video does not even REMOTELY do it justice . . .  but it's a little tease of what he does all day. . . wandering around the house singing at the top of his lungs. . .  getting SOME of the words right.


He also likes to boss me around. . .
For your reference, this is the song he's singing

3- Nolan feels strongly about protecting his head and eyes from the sun.  I'm afraid we've been a little hyper vigilant with him and his fair skin and eyes. . .

When we couldn't find his Cars sunglasses the other day, He freaked out.  

So, in an attempt to just GET OUT OF THE HOUSE,
(have you ever had a 2.75 year old?  then you know what I mean)
 I gave him these:

They were in the diaper bag.  I believe they were Aubrey's when she was much smaller.  
I have no idea why I had them.  
But they were good enough for him, and he wore them the whole time we were out, 
much to Ben's chagrin.

Anna compared him to Elton John.  

I believe that's fair.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Anna was SPOT ON about Elton John...in a good way, of course! :)

Natalie said...

Yay, you found her sunglasses! I was wondering where those went.