Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Randoms

1- Ben's show has closed!  Which means we get him back, finally!  It was a long summer. . .  with more than one night of me taking Nolan to dinner or shopping, just to escape from that dreaded dinner/pre-bedtime part of the day that is SO difficult for me to get through.  
 On this particular occasion, we were spending time with the rocking chairs at Cracker Barrel after dinner, getting ready for a rousing "game" of checkers.

2- When was the last time I sang the praises of the neti pot?  Because truly. . .  it's getting me through this darn summer cold when nothing else can.  SO simple, but such a miracle

3- This past weekend was spent with my sister's kids up in Layton, while my sister and her husband went to Michigan for a funeral.  I kept the older kids and Nolan, with the help of my dad and Ben, and determined that while it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be . . .  I am not cut out to be the mother of four.  Nolan had a FABULOUS time, trying so hard to be one of the big kids, and repeatedly yelling "wait for me, guys!"

My biggest observation. . .
Someone is ALWAYS talking.  And usually at LEAST 2 of them at once.  It was exhausting, and I have new respect for moms of lots of kids.  Especially those who stay home. . .  You people are super women!

4- Ben's car broke down yesterday.  Just died at a stop light.  Can I say how grateful I am that he didn't freak out?  He didn't.  He rolled it around the corner, and called the towing company, at which point Nolan and I met him and had an impromptu picnic on the lawn of the Provo Tabernacle. . .  I'm probably feeling good about how we handled the whole thing because we still haven't heard how much it's going to cost to fix.  THEN maybe we'll freak out. . .

5- Remember that picture I promised?  Here you go.
Will Swenson, Audra McDonald, Ben, & me
In case you needed proof that it actually happened.

7 comments:

mel said...

The smiles say it all.

Tami said...

I know what you mean about watching someone's kids. We sometimes watch Nate's brother's kids (they have 6) while they go out of town. We have never had all the kids at once (5 at the most) but it is good birth control :) Good thing we don't have all of our kids at once (usually).

Stefanie said...

I think its pretty awesome that you handled 4 kids with such grace. And you look radant in that photo (maybe partly because the ned is in sight.

Emily S. said...

Love it! Love that I know all the tales already-- makes me feel like I actually spend some time asking about YOUR life instead of only unloading MY life. :)
Still waiting to hear about the car??

Tamey said...

I'm jealous of the picture. :) Glad your car wasn't too expensive.

Lobbie said...

I miss you guys!!

Katie said...

AwesomE! SUCH cute kiddos!

And the dress from eshakti? I love it. I actually got 3 and returned one that I didn't really love. Quality is better than I expected...better than my dresses from shabby apple which I think are a bit overpriced for the quality...

Two big thumbs up!