Monday, December 15, 2008

Walgreens Drive Through FAIL

I think I used up my line waiting mojo earlier today at the post office. In and out in 10 minutes, thanks to the automated weigher machine and a nice postal worker man. I was feeling pretty good about it.

I felt too soon.

I got a migraine tonight. . . a nasty whopper of a headache. It's the third one I've had this week. The other 2 I woke up with. . . This one came on like a freight train courtesy of a flickering fluorescent light bulb in the Wyview Park building where Ben's work Christmas party was being held.

And after hurrying to get to Walgreens to pick up my migraine prescription. . . that had been waiting for me for 3 days. . . I got stuck. Literally stuck in a line of cars with no way out. In the end, I had to wait 35 minutes to get the stupid pills. At which point my tired hungry baby was wailing in the back seat, and I felt AWFUL. I got home and ran straight to the bathroom to throw up the wonderful ham dinner we'd eaten at the party (well, I ate it. . . Nolan refused which is why he was hungry)

And all this is to say the following.

"Dear Walgreens,

Thank you. No really, THANK YOU.

Tonight was the second time in a week I've waited a RIDICULOUS amount of time in your drive through. In these tough economic times, you obviously have plenty of customers (it being cold and flu season AND it's Utah Valley, so there are plenty of Prozac prescriptions being handed out).

What you do NOT have, is enough employees in your pharmacy. That, or the employees you do have are incapable of multi-tasking.

I used to love you.

I'm re-thinking my feelings.

Love,
Melanie"

10 comments:

Angie said...

I'd be rethinking my feelings too. Hope you're done with those nasty migraines!

Stefanie said...

maybe next time it'd be easier if you just sent your prescrip to the walgreens by my house and then I express mailed it to you! :) I HATE waiting in their drive through line -- don't even get me started on the time my card, prescrition, etc. got stuck in the air tube thingy.....

Kalli Ko said...

yuck mel!

Marianne said...

I think everybody's sick right now. I refuse to do the pharmacy drive through. I had a couple of incidences at the Walgreens in Vegas. I don't want to talk about it right now.

McLeodx5 said...

my walgreens always has a ridiculous wait too...and BOOOO for migraines!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I'm a Pharmacist, and I love the idiots that come threw the drive-thru at our pharmacy. Number one this is not Burger-King or In and Out so learn to wait or drive out of the drive-thru line and come inside and wait, so you don't back up the line. Number 2 do yourself a favor and know your insurance policy, I didn't sign-up for it you did. And number 3 when I saved your kidneys and liver from the ninja-style ER Doctor/Physician aSSSistant, learn to say thank you. Belive it or not thats my actual job, saving your organs from pharmacological assault. The system sucks, specially if your a hard-working person that doesn't get state-funded insurance and get your meds for free. So next time your stuck in line. Its b/c of the fool in the car in front of you that is backing things up. And when you have the luck of waiting for 3 days for a medication. Its not the pharmacys fault. Thats the last thing we want, its b/c your doc and his office is too lazy to fill out prior auths with your insurance company. Something that only takes 5 mins and a fax. But hey...if you wanna blame us thats fine to, we are used it.

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous Pharmacist took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not a pharmacist, but I am an Assistant Manager at Walgreens. Most patients are in and out within 10 minutes. There have been incidents like the one you describe where everyone comes at once to pick up their medication, and that isn't Walgreens fault, that is your own. Maybe if you hadn't waited until you actually HAD a migraine to pick up the medication you would have been prepared. Next time when you drop off, pick it up in the same day. This will probably save you a headache.

Anonymous said...

Melanie, Walgreens will buy back your feelings with a $25 coupon for transfer prescription, hehe =)

Anonymous said...

With all of the insurance changes all the time it is up to the consumer to KNOW YOUR POLICY. Chances are, the reason you waited 35 minutes is because your fellow retard customer didn't hand off an insurance card that is VALID so the technician had to double the work, and the customer sat there and wined and bitched. The intelligent thing to do would be to say, OH, that is my responsibility. I should have taken care of that. But it's people like YOU that blame the company and not the individual in front of you that doesn't have there crap sorted out. Honestly, the public pays for $100's of dollars a month for there insurance policies and they know nothing about them. LOOOSERS.

Anonymous said...

M right now waiting in line for last 45 minutes. When I came I had just two cars in front of me. M sorry, but this is ridiculous. I knw its not burger king, but its no USPS either..... M not using walgreens anymore