Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's a. . .

I have many many things to post relating to Nolan's birthday and a late Halloween party. . .  And I might get to those things, eventually.  If I can stop throwing up long enough to be productive for longer than an hour.  An hour which is inevitably filled with something like stupid WORK, and not blogging.. .

BUT, I had to return to post some news.

Yesterday, November 10th, we had a gender ultrasound for this newest Hess baby. . .  Mostly because mama couldn't take it any more and needed SOMETHING to get her through the next 22 weeks of pregnant "bliss" (this little one will be born via c-section about a week early, so I AM counting my blessings that I'll be pregnant 2 weeks LESS than I was with Nolan.  That's something, right?)

Anyway, the point is.. .

IT'S A GIRL!!

And I have to admit, I'm thrilled!  I have been secretly (or not so secretly) hoping that this one was a girl for weeks not.  It makes me feel a little bit better about how much WORSE this pregnancy is than the last. . .

And now I can start nesting and planning and filling my brain up with how the heck we're going to fit another being and her things into our already crowded space without killing each other.   And it's totally possible.  I just need a few more of those non-puking productive hours each day. . .  LUCKILY, we have a room already painted a beautiful shade of red that we will use for this new little one.  We'll have a little touching up to do, but no real PAINTING (Hooray!)  Just some decorating and shifting and storing. . .  And I'm a little bit excited about that part!

Wish us luck!

9 comments:

Tamey said...

Congrats! I am beyond excited! If you need any extra help with decorating or anything let me know. I'm at your house already most of the time. :)

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Yea for girls! They are a whole different animal than boys BUT the outfits make up for it. Hahaha

I can't wait to hear her name! :)

Megan said...

Congratulations! And good luck!

mel said...

So very excited for you and your family! I wonder if she will have beautiful red hair, too?

Kalli said...

woo woo little lady!!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Getting to the end of pregnancy is made easier by little bits of news like this. Congratulations!!

Tami said...

Yea for little girls! Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. I am so close.

Claudia said...

Yay! Congratulations!! Little Baby Girl Hess!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm so excited for you! I adore my little boy, but honestly--girls are MUCH more fun to buy clothes for. :) Bring on the pink!