Thursday, November 04, 2010

Halloween

Well, Halloween was SLIGHTLY more successful this year than last.  But only slightly.

Nolan LOVED his costume, and wore it constantly the week before Halloween.  But it went downhill from there.  I took him to get his Halloween photo taken on the 28th. . .  and while he let me put on the costume, he refused to wear the mustache.  (but aren't they cute anyway?  Ashley is a pretty amazing photographer)



Obviously, he chose to be Mario this year.  I looked and looked for a Harry Potter costume that would fit him, but they don't make them for his age group. 

The day of Halloween. . .  he wanted nothing to do with the costume either.  We got to Tamera's house for our trick or treating, and he let me put the costume on in the car.  Only to have it start pouring and HAILING on us 5 minutes later.  We went to 2 houses.  One of which required wading through giant puddles of water and hail.

In the end, our Halloween consisted of handing out candy to other brave kids. . . And I think we were both pretty OK with that.  We'll try again on the costume thing next year. . .

3 comments:

Vanessa Goertzen said...

I am way surprised he tired of the costume so quickly!

I was looking forward to handing out candy but we had ONE trick-or-treater. I think trunk-or-treats have ruined everything...

mel said...

Sweet Nolan. One day all the pieces will fall together in the correct order. He looks super cute in that Mario costume, though!

Stefanie said...

I seriously heart Nolan big time. Every time I look at him smiling, it melts me a little bit. I still can't get over his adorable red head. Please give Mario some big smooches from me.