Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Randomness

1-- I have had a headache for several weeks. No, that's not a typo. WEEKS. A nasty sinus headache from the infection I know is going on in there. I have had allergies for years. To lots and lots of things. And until this year I just used drugs to deal with it. But breastfeeding makes you rethink a lot of things. . . Plus, I've had several doctors tell me that antibiotics don't do much for a sinus infection because they can't penetrate the nasal walls. SO, I decided try something that freaked me out a little. . .


I got a Neti Pot. And I have to tell you, I think it's amazing. I have been using it for 3 days now, and my headaches are SO much better. If you have allergies, or just a cold, TRY IT. It's not as scary as you'd think, and it really does help.

End commercial.

---------------

2-- Several weeks ago, Lisa let me borrow several of her movies to try. We've always shared a love for the sappy British BBC film of the classics. . . I have to admit to only having finished one of the 3 movies she sent home (SO FAR), but I also have to admit to LOVING it. It was North & South, a story I had never run across, but one that I now love. It's about 4 hours long (4 separate episodes), and it's awesome. If you share our love for this kind of movie (If you enjoy the 5 hour Pride & Prejudice, I'm talking to you), NETFLIX THIS NOW. Mr. Thornton may not be Mr. Darcy, but he is darn close.

------------

3-- LOST. Oh dear LOST. I can't decide how I felt about the finale. About 2/3 of the way through, I felt like they were tying too much up. . . WHAT are the next 2 seasons going to tell us? But also, I feel like they just aren't ever going to explain some things. Like that darn black smoke! Anyway, I won't ruin it for those of you that haven't watched it yet, but I will say that there's a certain kiss that left every one of us in the room (and there were 7 of us) going "AWWW!!"

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hurray! I'm so glad that you like North & South. We're going to have to talk about our favorite scenes later... oooh, I have happy shivers just thinking about it!

voyageuse said...

I think Mr. Thornton is better than the Colin Firth Mr. Darcy. Though not the Matthew Macfadyen Mr. Darcy.

My favorite BBC miniseries is Charles Dickens' 'Our Mutual Friend'. Great film. Anna Friel from Pushing Daisies was in it.

I really enjoyed the Lost finale. It was kind of exciting to me because it didn't feel like they were holding a ton back from us and creeping forward with the storyline, trying to hold the suspense indefinitely. Rather they were really unfolding a story and I think the series is going to go much further than I ever thought it would in its next two seasons. I just hope and maybe pray a little that the production, writing, film, and acting quality keeps up, because we know tv shows tend to slide downhill in those areas, especially after four seasons.

That kiss was a really good one. I am so torn.

Jenee Zirker said...

Some women at Troy's work I guess have ranted and raved about NasaFlo next round of allergies I might have to give it a try. I'm a huge BBC fan so I'm going to have to check out this North and South hopefully our library will have it. I'm so sad the PBS Masterpiece series is over. If you didn't watch it, it was so good. Especially the Jane Austen ones. Lost had me lost before is started I didn't know if it was going to take off. Now I can't get enough but there are so many things going on. Can't wait for next season.

Stefanie said...

I've always wanted to try the Neti Pot...maybe this will give me the ultimate reason!

I think I read North and South when I was in hs -- they were pretty big books if I remember correctly -- would LOVE to see on film though!

Unknown said...

okay...i have to try a neti pot now, lol. thanks! :P i first saw it on oprah but you really *sold* it.