Monday, May 05, 2008

Graduation

Nathan graduated from his MBA program on Friday!!

We're all so proud, even if we're bummed that they're moving to AZ as a result of it.

Thanks to my awesome zoom lens, I was able to get some shots of him, even though the set up was AWFUL for families to take pictures. I wish they were a little more in focus, but without a tripod, it was iffy.


Jenny asked me to make cupcakes for the event, and this is what I came up with. I don't know why I had to mull over this for so many days to come up with it, but I did.

It's red velvet cake (because he was graduating from the U), chocolate frosting, and the caps are made from upside down Reeses Peanut Butter cups and Ghiradelli chocolate squares. I piped on red chocolate tassels and stuck a red mini m&m in the middle for the button.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I WAS THERE!! My little bro graduated in Marketing. I can't believe I was in the same room as you guys and cutie pie little Nolan and I had no idea! *smacking head on desk* It would have been so much fun to come visit with you. Well, POOP.

Oh, and those cupcakes are SOOOO cute! Seriously. I am in awe of their adorable-ness and your creativity!

Stefanie said...

Those cupcakes are so awesome!! Well done!

Emily S. said...

i commented on your cuppys on the NBBC, but I'll praise them here too-- not only do they SOUND amazingly tasty, they look completely professional.
Dang, i wish we lived near each other!

K2 said...

these are very clever and original cupcakes....awesome idea!!!

Patricia said...

Those are really awesome graduation cupcakes!

Betsy Eves @JavaCupcake said...

What an awesome idea!!! I'm going to bookmark it and come back when it's time for my graduation!!! :)

yabler said...

very cute. I made something similar but used a cut fruit roll up for the tassel to make it longer. I put mine on a stick lollipop style. I like them on the cupcake.