Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Mail

I came home from work on Friday to find a wonderful package waiting from Stefanie. We've been swapping "happy mail", otherwise known as packages of fun little goodies for no particular reason.

Stefanie's package was AMAZING. CD after CD of awesome music, a beautiful blown glass light catcher ball, a fun book with advice about parenting from kids, a wonderful home made board book featuring our sweet little boys, as well as chocolate. . .

I was giddy. It was such a wonderful gift.

Nolan was giddy too. He got to play with the tissue paper she had used to wrap the books and CDs. I don't know when I've seen him have that much fun.Thanks, Stef! You are awesome!

5 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

Melanie! I'm wearing the ring you gave me today from the Color Swap. I just wanted to say thanks again. I really love it!

Don't you LOVE Fringe? Isn't it the craziest most awesome show ever?

Melanie said...

YAY!! Megan, I am SO glad you still wear it! It was a crazy lucky find at an antique shop in Provo.

And yes, I do like Fringe. Though I'm a couple of weeks behind. . . I just don't think you can go wrong with JJ. . . He's a genius.

Stefanie said...

I'm really glad you liked the mail!! And Nolan looks like he's having a blast with the tissue -- I never even thought of that as I was wrapping it all up, but Max would've had the same reaction! He loves playing with paper -- and tissue is so much softer (although it probably bleeds dye when they drool on it...)

Emily S. said...

AAAAACK! I still need to blog about this, too.... Boo on me! Can I just steal your photo, Mel?? :)

Isn't Stef amazing? Aren't you, too??

I am so lucky.

Melanie said...

YES, Em, you can totally steal the picture. And YES, Stef is amazing. And so are YOU! And I'm ridiculously grateful to have you as friends.