Monday, August 25, 2008

Butterfly Cupcakes

My cousin Matt and his wife, Hillary, blessed their little baby girl yesterday, and one of our family assignments for the lunch afterward was dessert. And though our original plan was to get a cake at Sam's club, we didn't manage to make it over there on Saturday. SO, Sunday morning, I experimented with some of the stuff I had hanging around the house.

The cupcakes were yellow butter cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and milk chocolate frosting. And then I decided to try something out of my Hello, Cupcake! book. I used melting chocolates to make butterflies for the tops of the cupcakes. I was really excited with how they turned out, and very grateful to Ben and my parents for hanging with the boy while I made the darn things. They took a while.

By the time I finished it was time to run out the door, so I didn't get great pictures. But I thought I'd share anyway.

4 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

They look delicious! You are a cupcake artist!

Emily S. said...

how fun! Good for you for actually going and buying candy melts and following through with this complicated procedure! I love the idea of it in my book, too--- but that doesn't mean I'll get around to DOING it!

They are really great! (How'd it all taste together?)

Sarraphim said...

Those are beautiful Melanie! Nice!

McLeodx5 said...

you are so uber talented....YUMMO.