Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New PJs

My mom and I went to Babies R Us yesterday in search of a better diaper garbage situation. . . and while I didn't decide on or purchase one of those (if you have a great idea that really works, PLEASE feel free to share), we DID buy a lot of clothes. It's a sickness I seem to have inherited. . .

Nolan needed new PJs, and we found several pair. Tonight, after a much needed bath, we put them on him. I had to take pictures, of course. These will also demonstrate a couple of other things.

When my camera needs more light to auto focus, it shines a little yellow light before the photo is taken. Nolan has taken to squinting before it even happens, because he knows it's coming. Even if I take the pictures quickly, at least half, if not more, look like one of these:

Nolan's newest trick is standing on his own, without holding on to anything. I counted tonight and the longest he lasted was 23 seconds. He's not trying to walk, and if you point out that he's not holding on, he immediately drops to the floor. That made capturing this picture tricky, as he needed me to hold him up to get his balance before he would let go. But I finally managed it. Here is the series:



He's going to be walking so soon. . . I can't believe it.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

He's so adorable! And happy belated birthday, by the way! I hope you had a great day!

Angie said...

Oh my! I love the jammies! He will be walking soon! Happy belated birthday to you!

Rebekah said...

LOVE the new PJ's! Nolan will be walking before you know it. It was just a couple of weeks between when Mason started standing on his own to when he took his first steps. Go Nolan!!

Rachel said...

I was laughing so hard at his squinting! It looks like he is being tortured. Ha, ha.

Emily S. said...

super cute PJ choice! I cannot believe he is going to be walking either??!! Time has FLOWN. This summer, especially, has amazed me with all our babies' milestones.
Crazy.