Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Baby Quilt

A year ago, while I was spending large portions of my day just trying to entertain myself, I found a pattern among my quilting things that I had purchased, but never tried. It looked pretty easy, so I decided to give it a try. I decided it would be a baby quilt, with bright primary-ish colors, and set to work.

The piecing was fast. I worked on it pretty steadily for less than 2 days, and it was done.
And then it sat in my closet for many months. I meant it to be a present for a friend who had a baby, but when that birth came and went, and I still hadn't taken it in to be quilted, I set my sights on another friend couple. . .

My mom took it to the quilters in January along with one she made for Aubrey, and we got them back last weekend. We spent a couple of conference sessions binding, and this is the finished product!



I'm really happy with how it turned out. The lady quilted a really cool flower pattern into it with yellow thread, which stands out especially well on the blue backing. YAY to one more finished project. I need to ship it off to California post haste, before the baby in question gets too old.

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Great quilt ... nice and bright and so perfect for a baby!

Shelina said...

Melanie, this is a great quilt - so bright and colorful. I am sure it will be well received and loved.