Monday, June 18, 2007

Mix Tapes


Over the weekend Ben & I were discussing how we may like new music a lot, but there are a lot of moments during which we feel a strange longing for the mix tapes of yesteryear. On our drive up to Ogden last weekend we listened to a CD only about 2 years old, but it was so fun to hear songs we hadn't heard in a while.

And, as a salute to that, I feel it is now high time I remake the mix tapes my girl friends & I made in high school. We were pretty serious about putting together just the right combination of tunes at that point in our lives, and making awesome collage covers.

Some of our favorite mix artists:

James Taylor
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Dave Matthews Band
REM
U2
They Might Be Giants

There were, of course, others, but those stand out. WHY don't I listen to this stuff all the time any more?

It's time to make some CDs and relive my youth :)

1 comment:

jennyharhar said...

How sad is it that I do not even own one cassette player anymore? I still have all our tapes and nothing to play them on. High time for CD updates.