Monday, June 11, 2007

Opening

Well. . . we survived opening Ragtime. Honestly, I'm not sure the audience had the slightest clue that all of the last minute stuff was happening the way it did.

Friday night we had almost all of our costumes there. There were a few scary points, like the "dresses" the dancer girls were given. They were beyond revealing, & the solution provided on Saturday didn't do a ton to make the girls feel better, but I'm getting the feeling there's not a lot we can do about it.

I called light cues for the first time on Saturday night, which was frightening. I have never ever had to call cues, especially that many follow spot cues, for the first time AFTER a show was open. Hopefully it didn't look too ridiculous.

All in all, the cast was brilliant at adapting and making things work, and I am THRILLED that the show is open. Only 10 more performances until we're done!!

No comments: