Friday, March 28, 2008

Taggie Blanket

Nolan's duck blankie, Shirley, is looking a little the worse for wear these days. & I was inspired by some of the BBC ladies to try making him a new blankie, complete with taggies (little ribbon loops) If I were to do it again (and I will, because I bought a bunch of fabric) I wouldn't pleat the silky side the way I did. It's the way his duck is, but it doesn't really work on a blankie of this size. . . it's only 16 inches square, but that's about twice the size of the duck.

A few pictures of the finished project, and Nolan loving it. . .





3 comments:

Emily Webster said...

Holy Cow! You should totally sell those! They look so good! Will you make me one when I have a baby? ;-)

McLeodx5 said...

it turned out so cute! i'm making more this weekend too, lol.

Eve said...

I love the last picture. I laugh everytime I look at it because he looks so wise. He looks like a baby Pope--or baby Yoda smiling at me in his infinite baby wisdom. He cracks me up! Congratulations on the letting him cry experiment. Way to go!