Friday, March 16, 2007

Grilled Cheese

Last night I went up to BYU to help Ben finish folding, stuffing, and getting invitations for the big dance out to all of the residents of DT and Heritage. We finished up at the Morris Center, and I was pretty hungry. The grill was still open in the cougar cove, so I went in to get a snack.


When I was a freshman at BYU, Bonnie and Jason and I would eat lunch in the Cougareat (the old school one with the orange and yellow booths, before they renovated it). Jason and I had dining plus, which was very convenient. I would buy grilled cheese and fries for Bonnie and I, and we would sit and eat while we did the crossword puzzle.
Grilled cheese is one of the few things I really miss about my freshman year at BYU. I'm not sure what it is about their grills, or their butter. . . they are just VERY tasty sandwiches.

Yes, between that and the large number of Granny Bs sugar cookies I ate my freshman year, I should have gained 50 lbs. But I was walking everywhere! I think I actually lost 5 lbs, in the end. Leave it to an 18 year old metabolism and a change in exercise habits to keep off the freshman 15.

No comments: