Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ragtime

It's been almost a year since I stage managed. With the unfortunate closure of Provo Theatre this season, I have been at a loss for opportunities, and even more at a loss for opportunities that would pay. It has been pretty depressing to sit home watching TV every night, while Ben runs around like crazy with all of his work and class responsibilities.

Ben and I were talking on Monday night about ways we might put some money in our savings account for a time when we may need it. A "rainy day" fund, so to speak. Ben suggested maybe calling the SCERA to see if they might need an SM for one of their summer shows. I have had good experiences and bad at that theater, but I decided it would be worth a try.


I called, and it turns out they desperately need a stage manager for their first show of the summer, Ragtime. It will audition in April and go up in June. A nice short commitment. A show I've never done before and don't really know that well. . . And a pay check. The perfect solution.
Things are going to get busy for me the next few months.

No comments: