Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Potato Potato


I admit it. . . though it is invisible, I have a stat counter embedded into this blog. It allows me to see where the random visitors to my site reside, and often provides a very entertaining look into how people search Google. Today, for instance. One of the visitors to my blog came to me by way of the following search:

where mashed potatoes come from

Honestly. . . there are people out there that don't know that mashed potatoes come from whole potatoes, grown in the dirt, most likely in Idaho or somewhere thereabouts. . .? REALLY? You needed to do a search for that? (please don't be offended if you end up here again in your continuing search for answers to this eternal question)

In case you are interested, this is what google comes up with in answer to that search, including a link to my entry about fake mashed potatoes from KFC. Which, coincidentally, I ate for lunch today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My dear! I finally found your blog again (I lost it for a while) and I'm catching up on the posts I missed...HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT??? Seriously, I am oblivious or need to read more carefully or something. Hooray! I am so happy for you! :) When are you due?

Also, I don't think I have your correct email address. All I have is your old mahlborn one and I assume you've probably changed that...would you email me at fraulein_h AT hotmail DOT com so I have it? I looked for a contact link on your blogger profile but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Loraine Edwards said...

Damien Lewis in 'Life" is one of my favourite actors. Hope we get it here across the pond.