Friday, May 18, 2007

We May Not Have In & Out. . .

But now we have something that comes close. . .

There's a new burger joint in American Fork. Driving past as it was being built I commented to Nick that it was called "Cheddars" & "what is it? A cheese restaurant?". He countered that it was, in fact, called "Chubbies".

This story only serves to prove that Chadders (as it is actually called) chose a really tricky font for it's logo.

Nick THEN told me that it was "just like In & Out". Yeah right. That's what Lucky Buns said once too. Lucky Buns was no In & Out. Which is why it is now out of business. . .

Chadders, on the other hand, is as close as I've ever come to eating In & Out without actually eating In & Out. It's awesome.

The place has only been open a week or so and the lines were already ridiculous, so I'm a little wary of telling everyone about it. . . but I have to share. . .

The following is a list of the things I already love about the place, having only been there once:

#1-- good ice. The little kind that I LOVE.

#2-- COKE!!!

#3-- grilled buns. just like In & Out does it.

#4-- fry sauce. This is the one thing absolutely Utah about this place, and if there was anything that could be improved upon in the In & Out model, this was it.

Hooray for Chadders!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So where exactly in Am Fork is it? can you see it from the freeway? I'm thinking we need to go pay a visit next time we're in town.

Melanie said...

You can't see it from the freeway, but it's not too far in. Take the main Lehi exit and go east. It's in the same parking lot as the Smiths on the East side of the fancy new shopping complex. . . if that made any sense at all.

Jules said...

I've heard some good things about it, which makes me glad. When I saw its terrible location in the Smith's parking lot, I thought it wasn't going to last.