Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Proud

I'm awfully darn proud of myself today, it's true.

Did I do something amazing at work? SOlve a problem the whole company has been dealing with for 4 years?

No.

What I DID do, is pack a lunch. I know, I know, that's not such a big deal to most of you. To me, though, it's huge! Factor in 2 things. . . .

#1-- I hate morning generally. Most especially pregnant mornings. The people who get to stop being sick ntirely by week 14. . . not my best friends. Mornings are hard. I'm tired, I'm nauseous, and I do NOT want to be up. I especially don't want to be making a sandwich at 8am.

#2-- I don't mind fast food. I eat a lot of it, frankly. I eat out about 2 meals a day at the moment, what with a show going on. . . And I really like a good hamburger. I don't eat at the same place every day. I throw in some variety. But I can get by on fast food just fine.

But we went shopping yesterday, and we bought sandwich stuff. And I miss too much work because I can't get up in the morning. And I am REALLY trying to stop wasting money by eating out so much. . .

Therefore, today I made my lunch, and I packed my insulated lunch bag, and I ate at my desk.

And I'm pretty proud of myself for that.

No comments: