Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

As a very last minute weekend plan (because I keep hoping the baby will show up, so I'm trying not to make any long term plans) we decided that Friday night was going to be pumpkin carving night. Or course, I made the plan before remembering that Ben had a midterm for his accounting class the next morning at 8 am, (bad wifey) so he didn't participate, and the crowd was smaller than usual because it was so last minute. . . but we had fun anyway.

Here are some pictures of the festivities:

Once again, I'm pretty darn pleased with what my camera can do. It was almost dark when we got to the pumpkin patch, but my little built in flash worked wonders. Isn't that a gorgeous sunset?

Tanner posing with the pumpkins and the scarecrows

Jeremy & Nathan working on their masterpieces

Tanner was very helpful, stabbing his mom's pumpkin repeatedly while she tried to trace out her pattern

The finished products out on the porch. I took the Martha Stewart way out again this year and drilled holes in mine. It's easy and I like the look of it. . . Nate did Scooby Doo, Jenny did a smiley face, Emily did a skull and Jeremy did a witch.

There was much argument as to whether it's cheating to use a pattern, as everyone did. . . I don't know if it's cheating, but it makes for much prettier pumpkins. :)

No comments: