Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Bedroom

It's been 2.5 years since Ben & I got married. We both came in to the marriage with furniture. Lots of furniture, actually. More furniture than could comfortably live in our townhome. And over the 2.5 years we've been married, we have acquired more. And some has had to leave us to accommodate the new things we've purchased. As we have transitioned our furniture, each of our rooms has started to look more and more put together. Adult, if you will. Things match. Most of our furniture is no longer made of pressed board.

The one exception to this has been our bedroom. That room has been a hodge podge of many many things. . . most of them NOT the highest quality pieces. And they certainly didn't MATCH. We have searched high and low, and dreamed many a dream, about the perfect bedroom set. Most of our dreams came with $6000+ price tags. And while we wanted a set of furniture that was permanent and adult. . . that was a little out of our current reach.

Last week, though, we found something amazing. A bedroom that was everything we were looking for, on sale for a ridiculously good price. A price we could afford! So we jumped at the opportunity.

From thrown together crappy furniture, we have now evolved to this:from the doorway

from the closet door

from the corner looking at the far wall

I couldn't be more excited. I now have an itch to get new bedding. . . even though I spent SO much time and money on the quilt we have. . . but that will have to wait a while.

And as much as we hate to say it, we may be real adults now. . . all of our furniture matches.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Hey at least it only took you 2.5 years. Mark and I have been married 11.5 years and none of our furniture matches, our mattress is still on the floor, and I'm pretty sure most of the furniture we do have is made out of pressed board.

Emily S. said...

ooooh! Beautiful!!!! Yeah, you need to indulge in some fun bedding. Seriously. That gorgeous bed deserves it! But be careful-- it can be an addiction. I think Joe and I have, oh, seven "looks" for our bed? LOL!!!

and that dresser?? LOVE all the drawers!

And the wall color.

Oh, ALL of it.

The end.

Stefanie said...

I absolutely love it...and it might just be the kick in the pants I need to get some matching furniture in our bedroom!! Maybe with our tax refund this year....

ANd, I agree with Emily -- go for som enew fun bedding to go with the new fun furniture!!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

(sigh) Someday I'll be allgrownup too with matching furniture. I love that color wood.

Tiffany said...

Melanie--love the new furniture! It's beautiful---great taste too!

Furrow said...

Very nice! I love it. B and I have some nice pieces of furniture, but they are almost all inherited. I'd like to get some more that truly reflect our style. But then again, we're really into vintage, so hand me downs fit the bill.

Natalie said...

OOH, I love it! Very nice!

McLeodx5 said...

great buy on the bed...i agree with em, FUN bedding is in order! great job!