Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Our weekend

OK, it's Halloween, but I'm not going to have something festive to post until later, so I thought I'd post these.

We had a little anniversary dinner for my parents over the weekend. They've been married for 30 years. That seems like a very very long time. I spent what felt like 30 years scanning their old slides and making them into a slide show, complete with Carpenters and Captain & Tennille music with a little Jack Johnson in there at the end for good measure.

It turned out great, thanks to Nathan's skills. I still have a good 10 year gap in there, but I'm making progress, and it will be done for real by Christmas if I have anything to say about it.

We made a big dinner (and when I say we, I mostly mean Ben, with the assistance of Natalie & Jenny, because I was upstairs stressing about the video) and set up the dining room with table cloths and place cards and everything. You'd think I would have thought to take a picture before we ate. I didn't. I took one between dinner and dessert. & they're still pretty, they just don't give the overall effect.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

No comments: