Thursday, December 14, 2006

Golden Globe Nominees

If you haven't noticed by now, I have a lot of love for movies. I make a habit of trying to see all of the movies nominated for Oscars when they come around. I figure I'm seeing the best of the year if I do that, and it's nice to have a guide. Plus, it's a matter of pride.

This year, however, I have fallen behind, and I fear I will not get to see The Departed before the awards happen. It's gone from all the Utah theaters and will most likely not show up on DVD in the next couple of months.

If any of you have access to a For Your Consideration DVD that you want to let me watch, I wouldn't say no.

In the mean time, here is the list of Golden Globe nominees, as announced this morning. There are some surprises on this list, for me. But I'm not going to talk about that yet. First, I'll just give you the list.

Best Motion Picture - Drama

Babel

Bobby

The Departed

Little Children

The Queen

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

The Devil Wears Prada

Dreamgirls

Little Miss Sunshine

Thank You for Smoking

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Best Original Song - Motion Picture

Bobby ("Never Gonna Break My Faith")

Dreamgirls ("Listen")

Happy Feet ("The Song of the Heart")

Home of the Brave ("Try Not to Remember")

The Pursuit of Happyness ("A Father's Way")


Best Animated Film

Best Television Series - Drama

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television


No comments: