Friday, December 22, 2006

Jingle Bells


I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm done shopping (except for one last trip to the grocery store for pot luck offerings). I have almost everything wrapped. We delivered the Sub-for-Santa gifts. And I have finally finished this year's Musical Fruitcake CD. I have even come to terms with the things I just can't get done. I put Ben in charge of our Christmas e-card, so that's one less thing.

I only have a few things left on the list.

I have CDs of my parent's slides to finish that I've been working on FOREVER. It's a project that isn't remotely finished, but I have made SOME progress, so I'm giving them what I have.

AND I have to finish my other present to my parents. Last year they asked us to start writing our personal histories as a gift to them. Last year we did up to age 5. This year the assignment is our elementary school years. I had a hard time with it last year, since I don't really HAVE a lot of memories before the age of 5. This year the trick will be narrowing it down and making it flow well. I have a list as long as my arm of memories to work from. I just have to decide which ones to include.

I'm hoping for a relaxing couple of days. Maybe some movie watching. Maybe some cards and some puzzles. Maybe finishing those aprons that I put at the bottom of the long list. Maybe hanging some drywall with my dad. Regardless, I just want to have a few days to decompress and remember why I love my family. I think I can manage that.

No comments: