Friday, August 17, 2007

The big 3-0

Turning 30 doesn't freak me out as much as I expected it to. . . maybe it's because I don't feel as far "behind" as I did when I turned 28 (which was the really hard one for me) or even 29. Life is accelerating rather more quickly than I can keep up with lately, so I feel like 30 is OK. I can't see myself having a nervous breakdown this weekend or anything like that.

That said, it is a milestone. And Ben, being the fabulous husband that he is, wanted to celebrate it in a big way. He considered trips. . . but I wear out so quickly these days that it's not very realistic for me to spend a week in high heat and humidity or walking the streets of NYC, let alone fly long distances. So he went another direction.

Last night, we picked out something I have been wanting for a very very long time.


I'm no photographer, in the professional sense. I work with photography day after day and I know what my pictures look like compared to the people who really know what they are doing. Having a good camera does not, in itself, make someone a good photographer.

But I'll tell you what. . the pictures I take look a lot better coming from this fancy new thing than my little point and shoot. . . and that's close enough for me.

Prepare yourselves. . . you thought I took a lot of pictures before? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great birthday! This is going to be a great year for you! Lots ahead!