Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Driving Lessons


It was appropriate that the DVD I watched last night was Driving Lessons.

I started the evening by finally attending Orem City traffic school, to clear my record of the wonderful little speeding ticket I got back in June. I can't imagine traffic school is ever meant to be fun. And it certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been. But seriously, I often wonder why people can't keep their mouths shut in situations like that. Don't they understand that the class will end more quickly if they will just STOP with their snarky comments and questions? NOT something a pregnant woman wants to sit through. EVER.


So I came home and settled in to bed with some popcorn and a movie.
I have to say, this really wasn't what I expected. I'm not sure what I expected, actually, but it was quite a bit darker than the preview led me to believe. Laura Linney's accent was pretty atrocious, and I can't quite figure out why they cast her, when there are probably 30 big name British actresses that could easily have played the part.

I like Laura Linney, don't get me wrong, but I don't so much think she was the one for this movie.


Rupert Grint held his own surprisingly well against Julie Walters, and the relationship that they formed was quite sweet. . . The plot, once set up, was a little bit predictable, but I still enjoyed it. It could have done with some better writing, but it wasn't glaringly bad.


I'm determined to watch Broken English tonight, between loads of laundry. I'll let you know how that turns out.

No comments: