Friday, August 31, 2007

Broken English


The third and final DVD I rented the other day was Broken English. I like Parker Posey. She's just quirky and odd enough to add some much needed laughter to a lot of great movies. (like the new Superman, for instance) This movie was touted as a romantic comedy, and I figured it would be light and fun. . . SO not the case.

As much as I hate to admit it, because I seldom do this, I didn't finish watching. About an hour in I realized that there was another half hour to go and I just couldn't bring myself to finish. It was so DEPRESSING. The writing was contrived and bland and the acting was mediocre. I was really really disappointed.


So, long story short, don't rent this movie. It's not romantic, nor is it a comedy. (at least that's true of the first hour, and I can't see the last half hour redeeming it)

No comments: