Thursday, August 16, 2007

Metromint

I would like to take a moment this morning to give a shout out to one of the things that has made the nausea of pregnancy just a little bit easier. I was ignorant to it's existence until our trip to San Diego, where Ben's sister Tiffany introduced us to it's joyful qualities. I wish I had known about it far earlier in my pregnancy.

The product of which I speak is called Metromint water.



A lot of people swear by ginger to curb their nausea, but it never really helped me. What did seem to help, especially during the day, was a mint or a piece of gum. I would take handfuls of the free mints at the door of restaurants just so I had a stash in my purse. Peppermint just seemed to sooth my stomach.

One of the major issues of pregnancy (as those of you who have been pregnant can attest) is dehydration. If you don't drink enough water, especially in the summer, you start to have contractions. And believe me, whether or not they are actual labor, when you are only 6-7 months along, they're scary. So, as far as I'm concerned, anything that will serve the purpose of hydration while simultaneously making my stomach less sick is a perfect product.

It's tough to find in Utah, but totally worth the search. (you can buy it at the grocery store in California) We found it at Good Earth in Provo, but only in a small quantity. We found the biggest stash at Wild Oats in Salt Lake. And I'm not going to lie, we bought a lot. I found that the Spearamint flavor is just as good as the peppermint and I drink at least a bottle a day. Ben drinks just as much though. It's not just for the pregnant ladies.

Go get some and try it. I know it sounds a little odd, but believe me, it's so good. All natural, and a great way to avoid all of the sugar from those mints in your purse.

No comments: