Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Real Hair Cut

Nolan's hair was getting way too scraggly for my taste. It's thin and wispy, so I couldn't decide if it was really worth cutting. . . and I certainly didn't feel that it was worth paying someone to cut it. . . but it was getting really bad. Especially over the ears and on his neck.

I know we live in Springville, but he doesn't need to look like it.

So we decided to have a father and son hair cutting event last night, in an effort to make Nolan less scared. We strapped Nolan into a booster and sat him facing Ben and I went back and forth between them cutting with the clippers.

As you can see, Nolan was a HUGE fan of this process.

But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, considering how much he squirmed.

He looks like such a big boy!

11 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

aw my peanut had his first trim today TOO. I almost cried. Almost.

The Cohen's said...

He looks adorable!!! It must be time for the real haircuts now, talk about hard to see your baby look different. :)

Stefanie said...

Oh my WORD, I see so much of you in that profile shot of him!

Way to go on weilding the scissors yourself!!

Tea Marie Photography said...

HAHAHAHAHA oh boy... I just LOVE when he screams like that (NOT). I can hear it in my head. :) He's still so adorable though! And the haircut turned out great! :)

Anna said...

The "crying picture" reminds me a bit of "breakfast despair". I think we might be raising some drama queens and kings.

Lisa said...

We still have a tough time getting through hair cuts at our house. I'm always tempted to let it grow longer than it should.

I really love that Nolan still has red hair.

mel said...

SO not loving the clippers, but very cute in the end. Nice clipping, Mama!

*jess* said...

wow, he looks SOOOOO grown up! love it though...great job!

Buns said...

You should get a Flowbee!!!

Melanie said...

Yeah, Chris, 'cause that would scare him less than the clippers. :)

Marianne said...

I hate cutting Collin's hair. But have found that I can plunk him in front of a movie and give him a sucker or something to occupy him and it works...at least for a little while.