Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Christmas

And then there was Christmas.

I'm convinced that Ben's parents were trying to make us all gain 10 lbs in a week. I'm not even joking. These people eat breakfast. REAL BREAKFAST. EVERY DAY. (well, I'm not sure they do when we're not there. Maybe they don't, but they did for us)


Pancakes. Waffles. Bacon.

SO MUCH BACON.

Nolan was in heaven, as breakfast is one of the only things he'll eat. Plus he got to sit up to the table with his cousins, which made him feel awfully big. (this was Christmas morning)

There was much treking around the back yard, singing, playing on the rocks. . . trying to avoid the cactus. . . Which was mostly successful.

Nolan continued to play with Ben's DS for so much of the vacation that it was finally made his. He doesn't seem to mind.

But what he really enjoyed. . . REALLY enjoyed, was playing Guitar Hero. more accurately, singing into the microphone for Guitar Hero. I'm not going to lie, this game caused many a meltdown for him. As a 2 year old only child, taking turns is not so much his thing. . . and he made it known. But when it was good, it was very very good. Look how much fun he's having!

I have to say, our trip was so much more relaxed and easy than I thought it would be. On the drive back, there was snow in Flagstaff (the way we drove down) so we went back through Vegas. That was not fun. It took us 2.5 hours to get over Hoover Dam. We will not be going that way again, if we can help it.

But all told, it was a great trip. We really enjoyed the time with Ben's family.

And boy was it nice to be warm.

5 comments:

Jules said...

He's huge. Seriously. So cute.

mel said...

Mmmm, bacon! I'm so glad that your holiday was so nice. Nolan seems so grown up playing with the big kids. When did it happen?

Loraine Edwards said...

Oh my gosh he is so big I can not stand it...How cute is that of him on a microphone... got that creative blood in him.

Stefanie said...

He is such a little MAN now! I can't wait to see the new haircut!

Emily S. said...

This all looks like so much fun!! I love 'real' breakfast, so it sounds like heaven!!