Wednesday, January 06, 2010

not dead yet

I have been called out. (Thanks, Em)

2 reasons for my blogging absence.

#1- My marathon migraine at the beginning of December lasted 9, count 'em, 9 DAYS. I was forced to go get multiple shots to the hip which forced me to relax and sleep for about 15 hours, and it finally went away.

#2- Vacation. We went to AZ to visit Ben's family. We were gone for 2 weeks. And I DIDN'T TAKE MY LAPTOP.

I must admit, it felt pretty darn good.

Not that I was without connection completely, what with my fancy phone, but Green Valley is also a sucker of AT&T signal, so I was definitely less connected than usual.

I will create a post for our trip, but let me start by showing you Nolan and his favorite new ornament (a common family tradition, and one we have in our house. He gets a new ornament every year that represents his year. He of course chose Lightning McQueen)

We let him hang it on the tree. We let him play with it.

And when we took down the tree. . . it was nowhere to be found.

I'm sure I'll locate it, buried in the toy box, sometime in March. . .

But at least I know it was loved.

To be continued. . .

3 comments:

Emily Webster said...

Wow. Two weeks without a laptop is impressive. Good work!

I'm staying tuned for more. :-)

Anna said...

Lightning McQueen! I love it. It is just HIM right now, isn't it?

mel said...

I love to see you back!