Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Holy Quilting Bee!

OK, I kind of knew in advance that this thing was going to turn out beautifully. Kalli happens to know some people, who know some people, who know some people, etc. . . And the count she had going in to Monday morning was 50 ladies.

That's a LOT to keep busy.

little did we know that we had NOTHING to worry about.

The ladies (and gentlemen, incidentally) of Kalli's former Stake were ON IT. They are awesome people who make it a part time job to fill the humanitarian needs of the world, through our church in the best way they can. I got to talk to so many of them yesterday and they just made me smile. Seriously.

Kalli summed the whole thing up beautifully. So did Sue. And Emily.

I, on the other hand, was a bad blogger and forgot my camera.

(In my defense, when I left the house, Nolan was having an EPIC meltdown because there were 6 dozen cupcakes leaving his house and I wouldn't give him one for breakfast.
Bless his heart.
He had one later, never you fear.)

And so, I will instead share with you a photo I stole from Kalli. She said I could, but also, since it is so HIGHLY flattering of me, I feel entitled. (sorry mom, you are included by association)

By the end of the day we had 11 quilts tied, hundreds of diapers and receiving blankets serged and folded, 50 pairs of pajamas made. . . the list goes ON and ON. We can really take none of the credit. Everything was in the works when we got there. We prodded people and those people brought supplies, and we all brought treats, but we only initiated something that flooded those that were already doing so much with a little extra support.

The group that normally does this is just amazing, and if you want to join them (I plan to go back) they are there every Monday from 10am-1pm @ 240 S. Center Street in American Fork.

And, if you're a UT blogger (or blog reader) that wants to get in on the service project action, Sue is starting a movement. Jump on board!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

This had me choked up... What an incredible coming together of girl power!!!! I so wish I could've been there!