Friday, January 08, 2010

Juicy

As I mentioned before, fresh squeezed orange juice is one of life's great joys, as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, we do not live in a climate that supports orange trees, or BELIEVE ME, I would have one.

When Ben brought home a 40 lb box of oranges the other day, as is his yearly tradition, the daunting task of juicing them was before us.

I staged a small challenge, just for the sake of curiousity. . .

Which method of juicing was fastest and most productive?

Ben chose to do it by hand,

I used the electric juicer,

And Nolan manned the lemon juicer. ..

(OK, that wasn't really fair to Nolan, but we were just trying to distract him)

Who do YOU think was the winner?


OK. Ben won.

In fact, he was able to juice twice as fast. . . I blame it on the fact that I'm a girl and I'm weak (and so does he)

But I got my juice!

Some day, when money and cabinet space are a lot more plentiful, I'm going to get me one of THESE:

4 comments:

Cyndie said...

That juicer looks like a spaceship. It will look great on your counter.

mel said...

So you juice them all and then what? Do you freeze it? I really wanted a Jack LaLane juicer about 5 years ago but never pulled the trigger. Get it before you look back 5 years from now and wonder why you never did... that's me now!

And so proud of how hard Nolan was working. Bless his little heart!

Stefanie said...

I've never juiced an orange in my life! And, I think Ben won just by sheer muscle strength (and he picked the juiciest oranges).

Emily S. said...

Looks exhausting. And amazing, too, of course. But mostly exhausting. Yum!