Monday, November 13, 2006

Singin' In the Rain

My mother has 5 sisters, my dad has 3 sisters and 3 brothers. I have lots and lots of cousins. LOTS. But generally speaking ours was the only family in all of those to have any interest in theatre. There are a few dancers scattered through there, but more in a cheerleading way than a theatre way. I am certainly the only one to have devoted such a huge chunk of my life to the art. My cousin Scott was in a play once, and he had a lot of fun, but it was a one time gig. Imagine my delight when his sister Katie just got into the game recently too. A full blown muscial. . . Singin' In the Rain. She's a junior at Bonneville High School, and a fantastic girl. How could we not go support her?


Watching her sing and dance her heart out up there brought back so many memories of high school plays. We thought we were AMAZING. It was definitely the biggest thing any of us had ever been involved in. They were experiences we always remembered. I'm a little giddy that she's finding joy in it herself.

No comments: