Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Wreath

I had the best experience buying a wreath at lunch time today. Maybe it was good juju for having taken a huge bag of clothes to the DI minutes before. Maybe it was just luck. Either way, I was thrilled.

I picked out a wreath that probably should have cost me around 25-30 dollars, WITH the 40% discount. I don't really know what the actual price was on it, and that was part of the problem. I got up to the register & found that I had picked through the wreaths to find the prettiest one, which also didn't have a price on it. The guy working the register was frustrated. I'm not sure if he was mad at me, or at the stockers, or what. He was obviously not feeling well, and there was a stiff breeze blowing in the front doors. He was literally shaking. When he noticed the lack of tag, he said "oh man! dang it. . . Do you know what the price was on this?" I didn't remember, I had looked at so many. At this point, his laziness kicked in (the place was packed, so there was no one to go check it and 8 people in line behind me). So he said "Looks like $4.99 to me" and rang it up. I protested, "I'm sure it was more than that". "It's your lucky day then. I don't even care how much it was", he replied.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I got a wreath for $5.


It's a good day.

No comments: