Monday, January 15, 2007

Golden Globe Predictions

I make these predictions purely to see if I'm right, and I'm usually not. I'm not sure what it is with me. I watch a lot of movies. I like a lot of movies. But I seldom guess in the top five at award show parties. . . this year I'm going to do better. These guesses are not based on what I actually enjoyed most myself or what I want to win. They are predictions of what I think WILL win.

Best Film, Drama: Babel
Best Film, Musical or Comedy: Dreamgirls
Actor, Film, Drama: Forest Whitaker, Last King Of Scotland
Actor, Film, Musical or Comedy: Sacha Baron Cohen, Borat
Actress, Film, Drama: Helen Mirren, The Queen
Actress, Film, Musical or Comedy: Annette Benning, Running With Scissors
Supporting Actor, Film: Mark Wahlberg, The Departed
Supporting Actress, Film: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Director, Film: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Babel
Screenplay, Film: Guillermo Arrainga, Babel
Orginial Song, Film: Listen, Dreamgirls
Original Score, Film: Gustavo Santaolalla, Babel
Foreign Language Film: Volver
Animated Film: Monster House

TV Series, Drama: Heroes
TV Series, Musical or Comedy: The Office
Mini-series or TV Movie: Elizabeth I
Actor, Mini-series or TV Movie: Bill Nighy, Gideon's Daughter
Actress, Mini-series or TV Movie: Helen Mirren, Elizabeth I
Actor, TV, Drama: Kiefer Sutherland, 24
Actor, TV, Musical or Comedy: Steve Carrell, The Office
Actress, TV, Drama: Patricia Arquette, Medium
Actress, TV, Musical or Comedy: Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds
Supporting Actor, TV: Masi Oka, Heroes
Supporting Actress, TV: Toni Collette, Tsunami: The Aftermath

We shall see how wrong I was later tonight.

No comments: