I am forever a copy cat, and since I liked what Jen did, I decided to copy her. Hopefully she doesn't mind. I am still formulating New Years resolutions. . . I'll get to it soon.
YEAR-END SURVEY LIKE NO OTHER
1. Where did you ring in 2006?
My house with friends and Korianne's Chocolate fountain.
2. What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Dating Ben. He got me socks for Valentine's day, which I think will be our tradition. It doesn't sound romantic, but it kind of was.
3. Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Nope. It's been a very long time since school. . .
4. How did you earn your keep?
At Nu Skin until March, and then I lived off severance until June. . . At XanGo since then, as the resident librarian ("Marketing Archivist")
5. Did you have to go to the hospital?
We went to visit Barta after her surgery, but I think that's it. I didn't go for myself.
6. Did you encounter the police?
Nope. I'm ridiculously lucky on that account. I'm sure my luck will run out soon, commuting to Lehi every day.
7. Where did you go on vacation?
San Diego to meet Ben's sister & see where he grew up, Park City for our Honeymoon, and Tuscon to help Ben's parents paint and move.
8. What did you purchase that was over $500?
A car for Ben, a buffet for our kitchen, and a new entertainment center.
9. Did you know anybody who got married?
ME! But also several other people. . . Dallas, Brandon, Aaron, etc. . .
10. Did you know anybody who passed away?
For the first time in several years, I can answer no to this question. Thank goodness.
11. Have you run into anybody that you graduated from high school with?
Not this year, no. I will be soon, though!
12. Did you move anywhere?
Nope. Still in my townhouse in Springville. Ben moved in with me, though.
13. What sporting events did you go to?
Ethan's soccer game, Helaina & Isabella's soccer games. . . I really think that's it.
UPDATE: Of course! I went to Nathan & Jeremy's hockey games as well! DUH!
14. What concerts did you go to?
Several at the conference center. And a Reggae concert outside our hotel room on our honeymoon. I know, that's a tragic list. I'll do better this year.
15. Are you registered to vote?
Don't even get me started on the guy at the DMV. . .
16. If so, did you do your patriotic duty on November 7?
No. I'm a bad person.
17. Where do you live now?
18. Describe your birthday this year.
We went to a concert at the Conference Center that was supposed to be patriotic. Turns out it was a Christmas concert they were recording for the troops overseas. That is officially the only time I've heard Christmas music performed on my birthday. Then we had cake and ice cream at my parent's house.
19. What's one thing you thought you would never do, but did in 2006?
Got laid off. I know I said I wanted to leave Nu Skin, but the way it happened was a surprise. Didn't see it coming.
20. What's one thing you regretted this year?
Not saving more of my severance money for a rainy day.
21. Any new additions to your family?
Just Ben. No new grand kids or other marriages this year.
22. What was your best month?
June and July were both pretty good. Got a new job and got married. Both very good things.
23. What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by?
Grey's Anatomy (because we started watching it the beginning of 2006), Ugly Betty, Heroes, great new Christmas CDs, celebrity scandal, Little Miss Sunshine, blogging, You Tube, etc. . .
24. How would you rate this year on a scale from 1 (crappy) to 10 (excellent)?
9. It started out a little shaky, but it turned out nicely in the end.