Monday, January 08, 2007

Resolutionizing

OK, I have finally come up with my list of resolutions for the year. No one is great at New Years resolutions, and I am one of the worst. I may be eating my words on a lot of these by the last day of 2007, but this is how I'm starting out. I'll reevaluate later.


#1-- Stop with the Coke. By January 31st I will be down to one Coke a week, no more than 20 oz. I know myself well enough to know that I'll stick with this one a lot better if I allow myself 1 a week. Not enough to do the damage to my waistline and my blood sugar that I'm doing now, but enough that I feel like I can have a treat occasionally. The only time I've been mildly successful at reducing my Coke intake for an extended period, this was how I did it.



#2-- Drink 3 liters of water every day. This is pretty easy for me when I'm at work. I can remind myself to keep emptying my cup. But the weekends are killers. I have to find a fix for that. It's the first step toward healthiness.


#3-- Take my blasted vitamins. EVERY day. It's amazing how often I forget.



#4-- Lose 15 lbs by April 30th. I'm not going to be ridiculous and say I'm going to go to the gym every day. I know I'm not going to do that. But I need to get rid of the excess squishy stuff on my belly, and I'll try any number of things to do that. My first goal is going to be the 15 by April, then maybe another 15 by August, if I get to my April goal.



#5-- Get the house organized. It shouldn't be that tough to get two people's stuff organized into a 3 bedroom house. Shouldn't be, but it is. But it's gotta happen if I'm going to maintain my sanity.



And that is all for now. I'll check back on these again in April and see if I did any of them.

No comments: